You must be registered with the Office of Accessibility Resources & Service to issue Academic Adjustments Notifications and to schedule timed assessments (quizzes, tests & exams) to be taken at ARS with necessary Academic Adjustments. Note - you do not have to take your tests / exams at ARS. An Instructor may be able to accommodate students with Academic Adjustments to testing locally and we encourage you to explore this option.
Learn how to issue notifications to instructors and schedule tests and exams with this Portal Training Presentation
Notify Professors for Accommodations
- Visit the ARS Portal and make sure Accommodations Notifications have been issued and you have communicated with each Instructor before scheduling tests
- Tests to be scheduled at the same time as the regular class test unless consent has been obtained from the class instructor - this to be sent to ARS please note that deliberately 'mis-scheduling' a test is a violation of The Honor Code
- ARS takes its Test Proctoring responsibilities very seriously and has stringent measures in place to ensure that academic integrity and The Honor Code are upheld; any student suspected of breaking the Honor Code will be reported to the Office for Student Conduct without exception
- ARS is open to accommodate testing with accommodations between 8am and 8pm Monday to Thursday / 8am and 5pm on Friday
To Set Up Testing Accommodations
Visit the ARS Portal and enter your ONYEN and password. Chose Issue Accommodation Notifications to Professors, then “Preview” the e-mail and “Notify Faculty”.
Speak with Professors to make exam arrangements. e.g. Will you take exams with them or in accessibility resources? How will the exam be delivered? Once completed, how will it be returned?
To schedule a test / exam to be proctored at ARS, login to the ARS Portal, choose Schedule Tests & Exams to be taken at ARS. Schedule ALL exams here, including finals.
Exams taken at ARS must be scheduled 4 business days in advance. Saturday and Sunday are not business days and are treated as if they are a Monday.
Exam Accommodation Guidelines
- Testing can begin at 8:00 am and must end by 7:30 pm Monday through Thursday, and by 5pm on Fridays. Please plan your schedule accordingly.
- Exams must be scheduled at least 4 business days in advance; for example, an exam on a Thursday must be scheduled on the preceding Friday at the latest, an exam on a Tuesday must be scheduled on the preceding Wednesday at the latest. Also note that this portal treats Saturdays and Sundays as a Monday; thus, when attempting to schedule an exam from the portal on a Saturday or Sunday the first day you will be able to successfully schedule will be the following Friday.
- ALL EXAMS SHOULD BE TAKEN AT THE SAME TIME / DATE AS THE CLASS, UNLESS YOU HAVE RECEIVED WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM YOUR INSTRUCTOR DUE TO CONFLICTS WITH OTHER EXAMS or CLASSES.
- Please meet with your instructors prior to filling out this form, as you will need to know information such as the method of delivery, method of return, and aides allowed. Once you have completed the form, you may print out a report to give to your instructor upon request.
Image 1: Your exam is at 8 am on Friday. You must schedule your exam on Monday.
Image 2: your test is at 1 pm on Tuesday. You must schedule your test on the Wednesday of the previous week.