This form is for use by any incoming or existing student including program applicants to connect with ARS for accommodations and for existing students already connected with ARS with accommodations to seek additional or modified accommodations.
- If you have one, we will use your UNC email address to communicate with you. Please add email@example.com to your 'safe sender' list.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the accommodation request process please refer to our policies or ccontact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or using our Zoom Office Hours.
- Pay particular attention to any subsequent email as it will contain very specific instructions about what steps you must take to progress your accommodations request.
- If you need guidance concerning documentation or are making an ESA request please refer to the Documentation Guidelines, plus Information applicable to ESA Accommodation Requests
- As a reminder, accommodations cannot be provided retroactively and to provide an opportunity for the application of a fair process, students must submit the self-id and documentation described in the applicable Policy on Student and Applicant Accommodations at least 14 calendar days in advance of them being implemented or needed.
- The submission of the Self-Identification form and documentation does not, in itself, guarantee the provision of the accommodations requested as these are determined on a case-by-case basis and based upon our understanding of the impacts/functional limitations you are experiencing as evidenced in the documentation available and the reasonableness of the modifications requested, including whether the modification(s) requested is possible, plausible, whether it may result in a fundamental alteration and whether it may pose a direct threat to self or others.