The Request form for Priority Registration is now closed
If you failed to request your PR appointment in time:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the late request list
- Your PR appointment will show up in your Student Center in ConnectCarolina 48 hours before your original appointment time
- If you do not see your PR appointment within 48 hours of your original appointment, please email email@example.com
THE NEW PORTAL (ARS HUB) IS LIVE
Our new ARS Hub, available at https://arshub.unc.edu, replaces the old ARS Portal and will be used to manage:
- Accommodations Notifications
- Test and exam scheduling
- Testing materials
- Managing ARS resources
- Communication between instructors and students
The deadline to connect with ARS for accommodations and services for Fall 2019 final exams is November 20 at 5 PM (self-ID complete and all documentation received).
Appointments to secure accommodations for Fall 2019 final exams must be completed by 5 PM on December 4.
Wednesday, October 16: last day to send instructor notifications without penalty. Students will need to meet with ARS staff if notifications need to be sent after this date.
Wednesday, November 27: last day to schedule ALL exams for Fall 2019
ALL EXAMS WILL BE CONSIDERED CONFIRMED AS ENTERED/SCHEDULED ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27 at 5 PM.
All regular semester exams: need to be scheduled at the beginning of the semester, but no later than 5-business days (7-calendar days) ahead of the testing date
Final exams: need to be scheduled at the beginning of the semester, but no later than Wednesday, November 27
December 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13: Final Exam days – you can schedule exams for these days
Seating times: 9 AM and 3 PM ONLY (no other times for exams will be accepted
December 5 and 11: Reading days – you can NOT schedule exams for these days
The portal will allow scheduling for an exam up to 5-business days (7-calendar days) ahead of the proposed exam.
Please schedule all exams at the beginning of the semester to avoid not being able to find a seat at ARS on your testing day.
Exams are expected to last the normal duration of the regular class time unless otherwise specified by course instructions. Students should consult their course syllabi or instructor for information regarding the length of exams.
IT IS THE STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFIRM ALL DETAILS FOR SCHEDULING THEIR EXAMS.
- Supplementary Notes, CART, Audio Notetaker loan, Alternative Text - https://ars.unc.edu/students/request-forms
Accommodations: Instructors are reminded that agreed accommodations are legally mandated.
Common accommodations: The most common testing accommodations are +50% extended testing time in a “low distraction setting.” Please allow for early/different start times for students who may have other courses that surround yours, and work with the student to find an approved alternate start time.
- Failure to make the appropriate arrangements and adhere to ARS scheduling policies and procedures may result in a student not being able to utilize their accommodations during testing. If you have any questions during exam scheduling, we encourage you to email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification. We will be happy to help you navigate this process to the best of our ability and as time allows.
ARS Portal Help:
Quick-question/portal help appointments can be made via https://ars.unc.edu/meeting
Questions and Answers